Thursday, November 3, 2011

10 + 1 Reasons to Love Turkey

1. That the caloric value of food is referred to as “energy” rather than calories and somehow makes me feel as if it has only positive energy with no negative effects.

2. Women here are plump and beautiful – a hard combination to find.

3. Medical care is willingly and easily forged when your insurance has not yet kicked in.

4. My newfound love of honey.

5. Turkish Dondurma (ice-cream) because it is so amazingly different from gelato or frozen yogurt.

6. Incredibly cheap pastries and bulk nuts (especially hazelnuts).

7. The availability of potato chips, sprinkles & Haribo gummy bears – because I already have to live without so many other things I will miss over 11 months.

8. Crazily inexpensive “within Turkey” travel. Thank you.

9. Hard Wax, Brazilian Keratin Treatments & beauty supplies at half the normal cost.

10. My students adoring the idea of me learning Turkish to the point of wanting to teach me all words they can translate between English and their native language.

11. The fact that this experience (or 2 weeks of it) is inspiring me to focus on the positive no matter what negative crosses my path.

No comments:

Post a Comment